miércoles, 10 de julio de 2013

I got it

'K. I found on Facebook a photo album belonging to a mexican-born spanish speaker. The context is irrelevant. I noticed that most of the content and comments were written in English so that a bunch of (apparently meaningful) followers could understand the pictures and captions. And it was weird since most of the album followers clearly speak Spanish as their first language.

Then I got it. I thought that writing my posts in English was a mere exercise of language practice. Now I see, there are better appointed times to speak, to read, to write and to express myself in a non-native language without looking like a snobbish freaking jerk.

De ahora en adelante, escribiré en Español. (A menos que advierta y justifique lo contrario :) )

P.D. Google translate sí funciona.

No hay comentarios: